Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

Why People Believe Weird Things

Since I finished reading Dawkins latest book I figured I'd start reading another book that I ordered recently. The book is by Michael Shermer and it's called 'Why People Believe Weird Things'. Shermer covers a variety of topics within the book ranging from why people believe in ESP, ghosts, psychics and astrology to creationism, conspiracy theories, satanic rituals, witchcraft and even things like holocaust denial (i guess that relates to conspiracies).

"Why People Believe Weird Things is not only an insightful portrait of our immense capacity for self-delusion but, ultimately, a celebration of the scientific spirit"

- from the back of the book

I only just started reading it and I still have plenty of assignments to get done for university but i'll write about it again when I finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment