Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ask and you shall be given. Sounds like Santa

I was browsing through the Cectic archive and found this gem.

 

I find it rather comedic that some Christians will protest rather loudly when atheists compare their belief in god to a child's belief in Santa Claus, but the harsh reality is that there are a lot of similarities. I hadn't actually thought of this specific comparison before, so the next time I feel like making fun of someone's religion I'll pull this on them.

2 comments:

  1. Never? How about that time I drew a direct comparison, saying "What would you think if I said I honestly and seriously still believed in Santa?" to a christfag, only to get the total fucking gem response "If you genuinely believed that, I would accept that and not ridicule you for believing differently." =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean specifically the gift giving aspect of it lol.

    ReplyDelete